Concept of our kitchen
We run our own school kitchen through which we cook and supply lunches to numerous schools in the area as well as to many elderly residents in our town. We aim to contribute to healthy eating habits in our students and introduce new recipes into the menus.
Our concept consists of traditional Czech foods (Menu no. 1), contemporary modern or international foods in which we try to include more fish and non-traditional side dishes (Menu no. 2), and we also offer a vegetarian food (Menu no. 3). We prepare special food for people with dietary requirements as well.
We regularly include specially themed days (Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving Day etc.) and international food days (Coeliac day, International Bees day etc.) in our menus.
Our school kitchen rules:
- We prefer local suppliers – we use various organic ingredients
- We trust only verified suppliers
- Monitoring the modern requirements for student diets
- No substitute ingredients
- Limiting the usage of allergens and salt
- Sauces cooked from real meat stock (cooked using genuine meat and bones – no substitutes or instant mixtures
- We only buy refrigerated meat
- We make our own dumplings and desserts
- We primarily use vegetables and herbs from our school farm
- We try to use seasonal ingredients
- We care not just about the taste and quality, but also the appearance of our food